20/02/2016

New linocut project: happy houses

This project started with a new V-gauge blade that I bought - a very small one for fine detail. I there started carving a row of tiny houses. The details were fine, but the structure proved a bit fragile, as after two cleanings it broke and now I use two fragments. The print itself was rather small and lost in monochrome ink, so the project evolved to a decorated frame-like print and then I added color. Applied by hand on each house and mixed at times, it added to the result. The first, simple print were called "city tracks in the mud", as they resembled tracks left by bird feet in the mud, but the new one is called "happy houses".
Here are these Happy Houses of mine, in different color variants and with details. For updates feel free to check my Facebook page HERE.





No comments: