26/03/2016

My geometric bouquet

As I've explained in the previous post, this week's linocut project was flowers: dried ones, geometric ones, stylized, minimalist, in natural colors - to avoid the inherent "sweetness" of flower depictions. The result is a small series of works in which I have played with the typographic ink color, hues, and combinations, and with the date&title&technique&signature which is an organic part of the image. So here is the geometric bouquet, in its several variants, plus the lino and the cutting tool. The prints are available on my Etsy shop.
my favorite: overlapping colors

typographic ink applied with the sponge

stronger contrast - dark brown on white paper

different integration of text and image - and a strange pink paper

detail of the sponge-applied color

the lino block

lino block, print, and gauge tool
 

No comments: